BioPet Vet Lab, Inc., a Tennessee Corporation (“Company” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use the Mobile Dog Application and the Mobile Dog Website (https://mobiledog.net) (collectively, the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the App, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other apps or websites, including websites you may access through the App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our other websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your pet(s), including name, breed, gender, birthdate, size, weight, prescriptions, veterinary and pet health information, pet insurance information, and photos.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App at the time of registering to use the App or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device (including precise geolocation).
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information. Note that you may also turn location services off on your device; however, opting out of the App’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this App and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email or clicked on a link and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies, such as Google Analytics.
- Affiliate partners.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Administer promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Comply with the law.
- Promote the App. If you complete a product review, submit feedback or provide an image of your pet(s), we may use your submission for commercial purposes, to promote the App, or to send you personalized content, including pet portraits, thank you notes and holiday cards.
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing, and improving our services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; conducting market research, aggregating and anonymizing data, and performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions).
The usage information we collect, and the inferences we make based on the information we collect, help us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to optimize and tailor our App experience to you.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
By providing your phone number to benefit from our SMS (text) messaging notifications, you also agree that we may send you text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 30 a month. You may refuse to provide your phone number, and this may lead to your inability to participate in marketing notifications.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our affiliate partners.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BioPet Vet Lab, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BioPet Vet Lab, Inc. about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our App, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BioPet Vet Lab, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Affiliate Partners Disclosures
When you click on a link to a merchant site presented on the App to start your discounted shopping, you evidence your intent to interact with that business and thereby are directing us to disclose certain information about you (including the link you clicked in our App and a unique ID assigned to track that your shopping originated from our App) to an affiliate network to properly account for your purchases with a merchant, for purposes of commission. The affiliate partner will collect Internet and Network Activity information about your use of our App in relation to the merchant site, products, or offers. Our affiliate partners collect this information to track the shopping trip, but some of them may also use this information to measure performance, contribute it to their own user profiles and/or combine it with information they collect elsewhere, which they may make available for use by their other business clients. In such cases, our disclosure to certain of these affiliate partners could be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information as those terms are defined under applicable U.S. state privacy laws. If you opt-out from us selling your personal information as provided below, the discount feature in the App may not be available to you. For more information on opting-out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, to the limited extent that we target direct marketing to you or personalize the offers you see in the App based on the profile data we compile from your behavior tracked via the App, for the direct benefit of a particular merchant, this marketing or personalization may also be considered “selling”, “sharing”, or processing for the purposes of “targeted advertising” of your personal information. In this circumstance, the opt-out we provide below would cover this type of targeted marketing and personalization. We may use information we collect about you in combination with information about you from current and prospective merchant partners to test and analyze how App helps merchants and business partners. The information we disclose to and receive from a merchant or business partner to effectuate this analysis may include online shopping identifiers (such as shopping ID’s, order ID’s), a hashed email address, and commercial information (such as whether a purchase was made and the corresponding order value). We may use the results from these tests in an aggregated and deidentified manner to improve our services and to market our services to merchants and business clients. You may opt out of our disclosure of your information to these certain third parties for this purpose in accordance with the provisions set forth below. For more information on opting-out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Platform Opt-Outs. Platforms such as offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising. Google also offers a browser extension to opt out of .
- Cookies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Your device may not give you the ability to control cookies. If you wish to block cookies on our App, you may need to delete the App from your mobile device. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or phone number to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also always opt-out by .
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website. Opting out of receiving interest-based ads does not mean that you will no longer receive ads from us, but rather that the ads you receive may not be as relevant to your interests.
Residents in certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah, may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users.
Residents in certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah, may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, you may exercise certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA/CPRA”) related to your personal information. We adopt this section to comply with the CCPA/CPRA and any terms defined in the CCPA/CPRA have the same meaning when used in this section.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (i.e. personal information as defined under the CCPA/CPRA).
This does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA/CPRA’s scope. For example, health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data; or, personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Personal identifiers, such as name, contact information, email address, photos you send us, and other unique or online identifiers (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers);
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code Section1798.80, such as pet insurance policy number, pet medical information, and pet health insurance information;
- Commercial and transactional information, such as products and services purchased through affiliate links;
- Online Activity, such as internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements;
- Geolocation data; and,
- Any inferences that are drawn from the information above.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above:
- Directly from you;
- Your devices, such as when you visit our App;
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Our affiliate partners;
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf;
- Our business partners, such as veterinarians, and pet stores;
- Online advertising services and advertising networks;
- Data analytics providers; and,
- Social networks.
Use of Information. We may share your personal information with certain third parties (such as online advertising services or affiliate partners) or allow them to collect personal information via automated technologies on our App for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes and affiliate marketing purposes. This kind of sharing may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” under California law. California residents have the right to “opt-out” of the sale of their personal information to third parties. To opt-out or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry;
- To provide and improve our products and services;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including investigating and addressing your concerns and monitoring and improving our responses;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA/CRPA; and,
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose these categories of personal information to third party affiliates, affiliate partners, business partners, social networks, data analytics providers, online advertising services, advertising networks, and service providers to fulfill our business purposes. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Submit a CCPA Rights Request. If you are a California resident, the CCPA/CPRA give you the right to request that we disclose the personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected, our purpose for collection, and the categories of personal information we disclose and to whom. California residents also have the right to request that we delete their personal information, subject to certain exceptions. California residents are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our products and services.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA/CPRA, you may submit a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to protect our customers’ personal information, and as required under the CCPA/CPRA, we will verify your identity by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request, or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requester. You may submit a request on your own behalf, or you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require that the relevant individual directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
The CCPA/CPRA grants California residents the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their privacy rights. We respect your privacy rights and we do not discriminate against individuals for exercising their rights.
California’s ‘Shine the Light’ Law. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request information about our disclosure of personal information to affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. To exercise this right, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. Subject: Privacy Team: Shine the Light.
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah Residents
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information;
- Access, correct, and delete certain personal information;
- Data portability; and,
- Opt-out of personal information processing for targeted advertising and sales (if applicable).
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature and processing purpose; and,
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights, send us an email stating your request to email@example.com. We will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under applicable laws.
Data Retention and Security
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information we collect. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Transfer of Your Personal Information